Dunns Cleaning Service holds a Controlled Waste Carrier Licence (Category R), issued by the Department of Environment Regulation. As per the “Environmental Protection (Controlled Waste) Regulations Act 2004”, transporting any clinical or pharmaceutical waste on the road without holding this waste carrier licence, is illegal.
Esperance’s Wylie Bay Waste Facility accepts only “Waste Code R100 Clinical & Related Wastes”, with the itemised list below detailing the specimens which are able to be transported and disposed of in Esperance:
- Sharps Waste
- Drug Testing
- Infectious Waste
- Human Tissue Waste; such as organs, limbs & placenta
- All free-flowing liquid body substances; eg/ blood
- Dressings saturated with blood/body fluids
- Laboratory Waste, tissue samples and specimens or cultures discarded in the course of medical, dental or veterinary practice or research
- Animal Waste from medical or veterinary research or treatment that may be poisonous or infectious
If you would like further information on how Dunn’s Cleaning Service can assist your practice / business to abide by the Department of Environment Regulation & Wylie Bay Waste Regulations, please contact our Controlled Waste representative via
email: email@example.com or ph: (08) 9071 1119.